Saturday, October 18, 2008

Labor pains

I saw this video and I could not believe she was singing this well while in labor! I am soooooo impressed. I started wondering what this could do with grace. It came to me as I watched it a second time. Looking at her face it's clear she is having a contraction yet her voice is so steady. In pain, but relying completely on God to get her through. Isn't that what His grace does? It gets us through that pain. Knowing that His grace is there is not a reason to sin, but it is the reason to be victorious over sin. Just like we become victorious at the end of child birth. Is that a stretch? I hope not. There's a lot of pain and transition in this life. Sometimes there are breaks in the pain, she keeps singing, so should we, the pain comes and stays awhile, but she keeps singing, so should we. At the end there is joyous celebration at the arrival of this little soul...Isn't it the same with our Heavenly Father? When we arrive in the presence of Him the rejoicing of our homecoming will be tremendous. But why? Do we deserve it? No. However His blood covers us and because of that we do.

Pause my music on the bottom and listen to her sing!

No comments: